44 ways to generate traffic
1. Write and submit articles to the article directories. You can use free and paid sources.
2. Get links to your site from other sites.
3. Leave comments on other people's blogs with a backlink to your site.
4. Participate and post in forums and discussion groups and have a link to your site in your signature.
5. Write a press releases and submit them to press PR sites.
6. Use craiglist to advertise your site.
7. Do search engine optimization for your site for main keywords.
8. Start a blog and submit it to the 100's of free blog directories. Use blog/ping/tag technology. Use RSS on your blogs. Use multiple domains to post your blogs. Use various C-class IP for your hosting.
9. Use a signature with your site URL in every email you send out.
10. Use customized 404 error page which redirects people to your home page. Use with coution though. Google may penalize you for this technique as it considered as cloaking.
11. Use Pay per click advertising on various SE. Remember that Google is not the only game in the town.
12. Use "bookmark this site" on your website.
13. Use a tell-a-friend script on your site. It's an old technique and in many case it does not work. But using some scripts with encouraging users to do so it may work.
14. Submit articles that includes a link to your website to ezine publishers in your niche.
15. Give away a freebie (ebook, report, e-course, software) to spread the word about your business and keep people coming back to your site.
16. Submit your site to any related to your niche directories.
Some will require a link back and some will not. Look for directories with high PR.
17. Participate in a banner /link/traffic exchange program. May not work for majority. But some have success with them.
18. Purchase misspelled variations of your competitors domain names
19. Purchase expired domains from the same niche.
21. Use offline media for advertising.
22. Use outdoor signs, local billboards.
23. Use advertisement on your car ( license plate, signs, stickers, etc) 24. Give away t-shorts,caps, pens, calendars, etc. with domain on them 25. Start and affiliate program if you are selling your own product ( this is a must).
26. Build relationships with future joint venture partners.
27. Build Network with other people at seminars or other live events.
28. Use web 2.0 properties such as myspace, squidoo. Etc.
29. Use video with web 2.0 video social network sites.
30. Conduct and publish surveys to your website.
31. Start your own newsletter or ezine or anything else to build your mailing list (this is a must). Use autoresponders for maintaining your mailing campaigns.
32. Buy advertisement on other related to your niche sites and ezines.
33. Send a free copy of your product to other site owners in exchange for a product review.
34. Offer your product as bonus for other people's products.
35. Use ebay to sell your product or link to your site.
36. Post on free classified ads on any of the sites that allow link to your site.
37. Exchange links with other related sites.
38. Advertise on your own or other people product's "thank you" pages.
39. Buy easy to remember domain name.
40. Use Amazon profile to submit reviews for products that you have bought ( or used).
41. Get referrals form similar but non-competing sites.
42. Create and sell a product with resell or giveaway rights and include a link to your site in it o others pass it around for you.
43. Provide testimonials for products you have used in exchange for a backlink to your site.
44. Use black/grey hat techniques (if you feel comfortable with it). Many of successful "gurus" use those techniques but they will never tell you about it.
Dipeik dari: http://www.wangcyber.com/forum/program-jana-wang-online/24387-40-ways-to-generate-traffic.html